14 April 2011
Well, Saturday is A-Day. As usual, there's a veritable circus of other activities (and rules to go with them) for those who plan to attend in person.
There are plenty of deviations from the normal gameday schedule and regulations. For the complete scoop, as always, you can visit UAGameday.com, but as someone we all know likes to say, here's what you need to know:
The "game" will kick off at 2:05 pm and will be televised on ESPN U. There's been no word at this point as to whether the game will follow the tradition of first team offense versus first team defense, but that would be a fair assumption. It's also a fair assumption that Phillip Sims and AJ McCarron will split time as the "first team" quarterback. Don't look for the staff to tip their hand on that situation just yet.
At halftime, there will be a quarterback challenge featuring GreMcElroy and Kenny Stabler, John Parker Wilson and Scott Hunter, Tyler Watts and Gary Rutledge, Andrew Zow and Richard Todd, and Alan Gray and Steadman Shealy. The way they've been paired seems to imply that there will be teams, but we really don't know.
The full schedule for the day includes the unveiling of the Nick Saban statue at the Walk of Champions:
- 10:30 am – Wheel Chair Basketball Exhibition on 9th Ave. by the Quad
- 11:00 am – Gates open to Bryant-Denny Stadium
- 11:00 am – Kickoff on the Quad
- 12:00 pm – Flag Football game at Bryant-Denny Stadium
- 12:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
- 12:15 pm – Walk of Fame Ceremony at Denny Chimes
- 12:45 pm – Unveiling of Nick Saban statue
- 2:05 pm – A-Day Kickoff
- 4:00 pm – Softball vs. Mississippi St.
- 4:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
- 5:00 pm – Baseball vs. Tennessee
- 5:00 pm – Women’s Tennis vs Auburn
- 6:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
- 8:00 pm – Music Recital at Moody Music Building
In an odd change this year, you can reserve free parking spots online at the soccer field and walk to the stadium. You can also park downtown at the Intermodal Facility located on 23rd Avenue between 6th and 7th Street, just behind City Hall, between University Boulevard and Bryant Drive. There's a bus, and it'll cost you $1 each way.
As noted, head to UAGameday.com for all the particulars. The weather looks like it's going to be fantastic, and we'll get to see a lot of folks we've not seen much of before. Should be a good time. Roll Tide!
|< Prev||Next >|