22 September 2008
- Northwest Arkansas is bigger than you think. Nearly half a million folks live there, and it's the corporate headquarters for Wal Mart, Tyson Chicken, and JB Hunt. It's a pretty part of the world as well. More on this in our Road Trip Report.
- Our pass defense is worse than you think. I blame the linebackers, who have been continually exposed as poor pass defenders. Saturday showed what can be done against our defense, and Mark Richt has the tape. Between the 20's, Arkansas moved the ball too freely.
- Our pass offense is still untested. If I'm not confident, you can bet John Parker Wilson isn't. That's bad. We're obviously going to be a run-first sort of team, but we will not be able to move the ball like that all season.
- Fresh running backs are tough to beat. We show more and more depth at this position each week, and it's not an accident that Roy Upchurch was able to rumble for 90+ total yards in the fourth quarter. He was fresh as a daisy, and the Arkansas defenders were not.
- Arkansas is not tough to beat. I maintain that they'll play Mississippi State in November to determine who's the worst team in the league. Their offense is passable, but they make too many mistakes on both sides of the ball to be successful in this league.
|< Prev||Next >|