04 September 2009
We've seen the first action of the season. Gameday for the Tide begins in less than 24 hours. I'm headed to Atlanta just after lunch. All is right with the world.
You've seen our picks, and this afternoon, I'll give you a glimpse of what I see in store for the season. We'll also give you all the news from Atlanta - the team is flying over today.
Here's your last batch of links for the week:
- Brandon Deaderick has been cleared to play. He says he wants to play. If he does, he's my new favorite player. Remember when we all went nuts for Lane Bearden when he sprained his knee and continued to punt? Deaderick GOT SHOT. Check mate.
- Jerrell Harris is waiting on the NCAA for clearance to play. Can we take out a contract on Curtis Anderson now?
- Terrence Cody may be involved with the offense again this year. Money quote from the big fella: "If you put the ball in my hands, I'm going to score. I might do something after that you may not like, but I'll definitely score."
- Roll Bama Roll continues their ridiculously in-depth look at the game with analysis of the special teams.
- The Washington Post talks about the task of covering Julio Jones. Tech's top linebacker has this to say about Julio: “He’s a like a thoroughbred out there."
- I don't have to like it, but the new banners at Jordan-Hare are pretty cool. They've erected them to salute all their national award winners. Pretty nice recruiting tool. Who bets we steal it pronto?
- As promised, Team Speed Kills ranks Alabama at Ole Miss as the #1 game that will shape the SEC this season. Hard to argue.
I'm headed to Atlanta - nxojkt is already there. He promises something else before kickoff tomorrow.
As always, follow me on Twitter for any late-breaking news.
|< Prev||Next >|