13 October 2008
Since all the BSR writers have real jobs, our bosses might have thought that we would take our week off from Bama football and dedicate it to our employment. Oh silly, silly bosses!
Instead, we did a whole bunch of other stuff, like watch football on TV and drink beer and watch other football on TV. And oh yeah, we took a poll among ourselves as to the Top Ten Alabama football players from the first half of the season. Here are our results.
(1) - 39 points - Andre Smith
- Crump says it's Cody - the rest of us beg to differ.
(2) - 32 points - Terrance Cody
- One first, one second (Ell), I had him third, and nxojkt had him 6th.
(3) - 31 points - Rolando McClain
- Two seconds, a fourth, and a fifth.
(4) - 21 points - Glenn Coffee
- One third, one fifth, one sixth, one ninth.
(5) - 17 points - Julio Jones
- Two fourths, one ninth, one tenth.
(6) - 16 points - Mike Johnson
- One second, one sixth, one ninth.
(7) - 12 points - Javier Arenas
- Two fifths.
(8) (tie) - 11 points - Rashad Johnson
- One third, one eighth.
(8) (tie) - 11 points - Antoine Caldwell
- One fourth, one seventh.
(10) - 8 points - Justin Woodall
- One sixth, one ninth, one tenth.
Honorable mention - Kareem Jackson (7), John Parker Wilson* (7), Nick Walker (6), Mark Ingram (4).
Except at the very tippy-top, a lot of spread in opinions there, certainly a lot more spread than you usually see on our SEC power ballots. I take that as a good thing. Last year when Bamaonline was running Top Ten Tiders as a regular feature, it was often difficult to think of 10 guys who were playing well. That's not the least bit of a problem this year, and it probably would not be difficult to list 20.
*All three of my fellows all had Wilson in their top ten (but barely). We would probably have had to go to about 25 before I got there..