31 July 2008
There are several quick nuggets from Nick Saban's press conference to report:
- Prince Hall will serve a three game suspension to start the season.
- Will Oakley will miss the first three weeks of practice with a stress fracture in his foot.
- Devonta Bolton and Brandon Lewis have enrolled in junior college.
- Kerry Murphy still has not qualified. There is an appeal in process and the thinking is he could join the team in January.
- Jermaine Preyear has a shoulder injury and will not play this year.
What does all this mean?
Oakley and Hall are not surprises. Same for Bolton and Lewis.
Bottom line is, Bama is fine on the 25 signee number. If Murphy wins his appeal, then he'll count towards this year and Preyear will count towards next year. Or, if Murphy doesn't qualify, Saban can work Preyear in the other direction.
Other than those nuggets, we're ready for practice. Good times are ahead - football season is nearly upon us.