30 August 2008
- Doug Segrest has an interesting article about Saban's in-home visit with Tyler Love and his family.
- This is the headline of the week from Every Day Should Be Saturday. In addition to the Dr. Lou insanity during the ESPN Thursday night broadcast, Jesse Palmer was clearly wearing a tie that was stolen from a child.
- There's some... umm... we'll say "salty" language - exceptionally salty - here, but the guys at Gump for Heisman are really quite funny sometimes.
- Tony Barnhart is totally family friendly, and has the lowdown on the $2.25 billion dollar ESPN/SEC TV deal. Although I outright question the sanity of anyone who wants to keep Dave³. Clay Travis at Deadspin agrees with my assessment of the Dave trio. The ESPN-SEC deal is explained in detail here.
- An amusing anecdote from Nick Saban about playing a Steve Spurrier coordinated Duke team in 1981. And Spurrier's Wishbone. Yep...
- And, while we're hanging at the Rap Sheet, here's a quarter ton houndstooth hat arriving at Bryant Denny. Also, here's the top twenty lies coaches tell recruits - according to a local high school head coach. Allegedly Saban tells none of these lies.
- Nick Fanuzzi is headed to Rice.
- Mykal Riley is in Italy. Not on vacation, but playing ball. Riley is one of the good guys and I hope he does well.
- Leigh Tiffin is on the Lou Groza Award watchlist. Along with everyone else who has ever kicked a field goal at the collegiate level. Still, it's good to think we'll be in good hands if it comes down to a single field goal tonight.
|< Prev||Next >|