13 August 2008
A few thoughts.
- Despite the season ending injury to starting left tackle Trinton Sturdivant, I'm keeping UGA as my top ranked team. I think that the importance of a sophomore left tackle may be overstated, and there's help behind him. It increases the risk, but I don't think it's as devastating as some.
- Similarly, I don't think that USC will miss Mark Sanchez for much (or for long). Mitch Mustain is the apparent starter for the Virginia game. It won't matter.
- On the flipside, if Florida's MASH unit impression doesn't stop, they will fall.
- I wanted to rank Ohio State lower, since they've been demolished by SEC teams in the bowls 23 years in a row, but they should be stacked again this year. At least until January '09.
- I've got Clemson seventh. They're going to be good, and we get themfirst.
- LSU might be the most overrated team in the country. They're as high as 6th in some polls, and they'll be breaking in a brand new quarterback in the SEC. It's rough to put those sorts of expectations on this team.
- We're 23rd in this iteration, we'll see how we look up front defensively against Clemson. We could move higher (even if we lose).
|< Prev||Next >|