13 August 2008
- Swimming assistant coach Stefan Gherghel competed for Romania in the men's 200 meter butterfly. He finished 5th in his heat on Monday, which qualified him through to the semi-finals on Tuesday. He finished 14th in the semi-finals. He'll go again tonight in the 100 meter butterfly.
- Vlad Polykov started his Olympics on Tuesday in the 200 meter breaststroke. He finished 5th in his heat, qualifying for the semifinals on Wed. There he finished 15th. Hunor Ma'te finished 3rd in his heat, but failed to make the semi-finals.
- Agustina de Giovanni & Anne Poleska both began their Olympics yesterday in the women's 200 meter breaststroke. Giovanni finished 7th in her heat and failed to move on to the semi-finals, though Poleska finished with the 14th fastest time overall, which qualifies her for the semi-finals today.
- Arlene Semeco began her Olympics yesterday in the women's 100 meter freestyle, where she finished 30th out of 46 swimmers.
- Kelly Kretschman is 1-4 with and RBI and a run scored as the USA Softball team, aided by assistant coach Karen Johns has moved to 2-0 in a tournament they are expected to win. They play again today against Canada.
- Track and field has yet to begin, so none of the Bama participants there have competed.
- Tuscaloosa resident Deontay Wilder has begun his quest for heavy-weight boxing gold. He scored 6 points in the final round of his 1st bout to win 10-4 and advance to the quarterfinals.
|< Prev||Next >|