02 August 2008
- No injuries. This will always be number 1 on the list if Bama can go without losing anyone.
- Heat was an issue today as the heat index in Tuscaloosa registered well north of 100 degrees.
- WR Darius Hanks has practiced for the 2nd straight day in a black "no contact" jersey. He has been running at what appears to be 100%, and he seems to have full range of motion in his arms. It's unknown what exactly the problem is, but when you combine a mysterious injury with what appears to be 15 lbs. of weight loss, there has to be some concern.
- There was a switch in the 2nd unit on the offensive line. Evan Cardwell & William Vlachos switched positions, with Cardwell going back to Center and Vlachos moving to Right Guard.
- Brian Motley worked as the 3rd team Center, indicating that his move to the offensive line could be a permanent one.
- Freshman Barrett Jones, who figured to start out at Center, was working at Left Tackle. Motley landing at Center is the likely reason.
- The incoming freshmen have started at the bottom of the depth chart across the board. This is not uncommon, and despite the perceived talent of the incoming group, not unexpected. At this point it will be interesting to watch how quickly some of them move up the depth chart.
- Freshman John Michael Boswell appears to have started his career at Left Guard. He could likely play either Guard spot, but he practiced with the 3rd team on the left side.
- Suspended Linebacker Prince Hall split time between the 2nd and 3rd teams at MIKE Linebacker, with Charlie Higgenbotham still set to be the primary backup there for the first 3 games.
|< Prev||Next >|