15 August 2008
- No significant injuries. That makes 15 days... incredible.
- The NFL had a presence again today at camp - the Houston Texans were scouting today's practice.
- Charlie Higgenbotham was in a black no contact jersey, though his injury is thought to be minor. His status for tomorrow's scrimmage could be in question.
- Lots of moves with the linebackers. Freshman Don'ta Hightower got extensive work with the 1st unit at the WILL linebacker.
- With Hightower getting that look Cory Reamer wasn't standing around. Instead he was getting 1st team work at the SAM linebacker, a position he worked at in the spring. He was backed up by Jerrell Harris, with Chavis Williams working with the 3rd unit.
- So what about Eryk Anders? After working at 1st team SAM for the last week, he took snaps with the 1st and 2nd unit at the JACK linebacker.
- Marcel Dareus is making his push into the playing rotation, having moved up into the 2nd unit.
- Julio Jones might make his way into the starting lineup by Clemson game. He continues to be the most physically impressive receiver on the Tide team, and his skill set is unmatched.
- The 2nd unit offensive line is still comprised of the 3 true freshman, Brian Motley & David Ross. How they perform in tomorrow's scrimmage could go a long way towards determining if they stay in that position next week.
- Chris Jackson & B.J. Scott look to be the front runners for playing time in slot for the Tide. Darius Hanks is working both inside and outside, and he'll see a ton of playing time (and passes thrown his way), but these 2 guys appear to be the perfect fit for the way that Jim McElwain likes to use his slot.
- Mark Ingram is continuing to lock down his position as the Tide's 3rd back. He's shown improvement in pass catching and blocking in the last few days, giving the coaches confidence in his ability to be a complete back.
|< Prev||Next >|